Thursday, June 12, 2008

bon voyage!

So tomorrow I'm heading to beautiful Newport Beach. MMmmm...there are so many fond memories that I have from that place. Growing up we would go every summer with another family to a beach house, on...31 Street?..in the 30's I'm not sure exactally..oh or we's stay at Embassy Suites..nonetheless.. It was so much fun! My favorite was always to go to the Spaghetti Factory and eating spamoni...going to the surf shops...eating at this hot dog place on the boardwalk....at night we'd go to the beach and we'd have this huge bouncy ball and you'd run up and jump on it and it would FLING you off onto the sand!!!! Haha and one time we were attempting to find a Winchell's Donut shop, and just imagine like 10 kids and 2 moms...wandering all around, must've ended up passing thorugh maybe 5 beaches...and the kids were getting grumpy and tired...and I don't remember if we even found the dang donut shop...or maybe we had to make-do with another one. Funny. Anyway...we stay somewhere else now, but it is still so much fun. I will be back...in about a week...hopefully I can get some cool pictures... aloha!

2 comments:

terynmendenhall said...

Mmmm...Winchells, just reading it made my mouth water!

Jenn said...

Come on, girl! I'm waiting for pictures of Newport! :) I hope you guys had so much fun with Gram Gram.